Thursday, November 03, 2005

闲...

You just can't get enough of primary school semester/term breaks.

The feeling I had when it was finally my semester holidays when I was in Primary school, the kind of "liberation" I felt... from books, from the bothersome teachers hounding after you for your homeworks and occasionally, from fellow students and classmates you just don't want to see. (you'll be surprised: there are many such fellas around)

Things changed, however, during secondary school.

Yeah I must be kidding right? You mean you can't get enough of Secondary school life??!!

Am I the only alien to have felt that?

It should be during my upper secondary school years. Perhaps due to the fact of REALLY mixing around in school... (no, no it's the year 1996 then --- Mixing around =/= "F**k Around...") I felt that I have finally identify myself as a part of a larger group, or putting it simply as "part of the system". Heh can't believe I actually said that, used to be such a loner in school...

The friends I made in secondary school, many (ok... actually only five) which became life-long soulmates, my first "official" girlfriend... no prizes for guessing who she is... I can say my secondary school life is really, truely, madly, deeply (eh???) one of the, if not THE happiest days of my life.

Come to think of it even the disciplinary head seemed like a fatherly figure...

Eh I think I'll take that back... he is still "Mother Hen" to me. Yeah Mr SKC, BITE ME!!

Well I have digress... Anyway precisely because it's so enjoyable being around these people that I kinda miss them when we go on holidays...

Yes, I still prefer to see this bunch of people in school... in uniforms... (Wait don't get the wrong idea... I have no particular fetish of any sort...)

Thinking back... school breaks and holidays for me now seemed to have lost its meaning. No I don't mean put me in school twenty-four-seven and I'll be a happy man. (Nuts!!) I still need a break from school work and stuff. Just that the (often) long semester breaks Polytechinics usually had is no longer appealing.

Even the one-month-plus term break that just ended had made me lethargic...

A by-product of the "Growing UP" process? The Hell would I know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home